CONTACT US & GETTING HERE
Where we are
Highball Climbing Centre
1 Twickenham Road
Telephone: 01603 513513
Registered Company Number: 7848133
VAT Registration Number: 141115857
We are located off Arms park road. When you see a big sign for Interlink turn left and we are in the building next to them.
Plan your visit
- Arrival time: Please arrive 20 minutes before the start time and check in at Reception.
- Getting here: There is plenty of parking on site and there are buses that go from the city centre
- What to wear: Wear loose comfortable clothing (what you would wear to the gym). The centre is not heated so in winter make sure you have some warm clothes. However, you will warm up while climbing- wear ‘layers’ that can be added/removed as required. Tie long hair back and remove jewellery. Bring some thin socks to wear with the climbing shoes.
- Facilities: Showers and lockers are available.
- Amenities: We have a cafe and climbing shop
This is our number one form of transport and we actively encourage all our staff and customers to come to the centre via bike. Its cheap, quick and a great warm up for your muscles which will help prevent any nasty pull or strain injuries.
We have secure cycle storage for 15 bicycles (we can add more!) and everyone who arrives by bike is entitled to a free cup of tea!
Given how flat Norwich is and also how congested, it’s very surprising that Norwich City Council doesn’t yet provided a more extensive cycle network.
Highball will be campaigning for improved dedicated cycle routes in future!
Norwich is always a lot smaller than you think and this is never highlighted more than when walking and running. If you live within a few miles (Hellesdon, Catton, Sprowston, Mile Cross etc.), walking or running are by far the best way to get to the centre. The paths are all paved and well lit, and again it will help get you warmed up for your session.
The nearest bus stop is on Vulcan Road, less than a 5 minute walk away. There is also another on Fifers Lane itself if you happen to miss that! These run regularly to and from the city centre and also come from the Lakenham and Brackondale area. There is a helpful bus route planner / route map PDF here.
Our car park has almost 100 car parking spaces, so we’d be surprised if you’d ever need to park elsewhere. However we’d like to keep car usage to a minimum and would ask those of you who do need to drive to the centre to consider offering a car share to others.
There is a car share board in the centre where you can offer/ask for lifts.
If 4 people share a Green Frog Taxi, bring in your receipt and you’ll all get a free cup of tea of coffee.
Norwich Train Station is about 4 miles away, just on the edge of the City Centre. You can combine the train with the bus, or why not take your bike aboard and cycle the rest of the way. Alternatively, if there’s a group of you, come by Green Frog Taxi’s and we’ll give you a free drink.
If you’re feeling fancy, then why not fly to Highball. Norwich International Airport is a short walk from Highball, so we’re connected to the world via Amsterdam!