These rules apply to the summer & winter bouldering series, NuKids comps, qualifiers for The Big Flash & qualifiers for the NuKids Masters.
The Flash Championship rules, which follows a slightly amended version of the IFSC Rules, the general competitions here at Highball are pretty straightforward with a relaxed atmosphere. For example, everyone scores themselves using their own score card which you’ll normally pick up at reception. [view sample scorecard]. These rules apply to the Bouldering League, NuKids comps, qualifiers for The Big Flash & qualifiers for the NuKids Masters.
If it’s your first comp, speak to a member of the crew for a few pointers – if you’re lucky, they may even point you in the direction of one of the easier problems!
THE BASIC RULES:
- Start on holds marked by coloured tape – there may be one or two start holds.
- You must not work (practice) the moves in the problems. If you fall off, your next attempt must begin on the start holds again.
- All wall features are allowed unless instructed otherwise.
- Bolts holes are not a ‘feature’!
- All problems finish by matching both hands on the last hold in a controlled manner.
- Bonus holds are marked with BLACK TAPE
- Bonus Holds only count if you do not complete the problem
- Bonus Holds must be held, not just touched.
- Use an ‘X’ for a successful attempt
- A ‘dash’ (dash) for a failed attempt
- Score yourself as shown on the score sheet
- Climb Safely, Have Fun, But…..
- NO CHEATING – WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU!