After this instructional session, you should feel confident enough to register as an adult climber (bouldering only) and you will also be able to supervise up to 2 guests if they are aged 8+, or 1 guest if under 8.
Note: Teenagers aged 14 to 17 will need to achieve their Green Card before being allowed to climb without supervision. All children under 14 need to be supervised when climbing.
WHO’S IT FOR?
Adults and teenagers who are new to the sport of indoor bouldering (climbing without ropes), or for traditional climbers who have not used indoor bouldering facilities. It’s also ideal for people coming back to the sport after a long break.
- No previous experience needed
- All sessions are fully supervised by our instructor team
- Great for siblings, family and friends of different ages
- ‘Exclusive Use’ is a great option of families, friends, and work colleagues
- 60 Minute group instruction from a qualified climbing instructor.
- Small Groups Ratio
- FREE Shoe Hire (Worth £3 per person)
- FREE Day Pass to continue climbing after your induction (Worth £9 per person)
- FREE Money Saving Voucher Climb: 50% off your next four climbs with free shoe hire and chalk (Worth £28 per person by saving £7 each time)
No. Bouldering Inductions are perfect for both newcomers and those with previous climbing experience who want a refresh.
The aim of the induction is to teach you everything you need to know to become an independent boulderer who can then climb without supervision (adults only). Once we get the initial briefing and warm up done, you’ll be learning as you climb and get loads done.
We have a mixture of climbs and challenges suitable for all ages. If you want to get to the top, we’re sure you will be able to, however, our instructors will not push you or your children further than they want to go; ‘the top’ will come with confidence.
We have a maximum working ratio of 1 to 9, however, most inductions operate on a maximum 1 to 6. We feels this offers increased value for money and time on the wall. Ultimately, instructors have the final say and will make changes if they feel necessary.
Talk to us about our various memberships which offer big reductions on the standard Pay As You Go rate.
Aside from making it cheaper, we would also recommend further coaching to help improve your climbing technique and make sure you get the most from climbing.
Junior Climbing Pages | Adult Climbing
Once you have completed the Bouldering Induction and registered for unsupervised climbing, you will be able to supervise children and guests on the bouldering walls only. You may supervise up to 2 guests over the age of 8, or 1 guest if aged under 8.
More info on supervising guests.