WHAT IS IT?
The most comprehensive climbing course in Norfolk!
The ‘Intro to Climbing’ is a comprehensive course which teaches you all you need to know to get climbing safely on indoor climbing walls and indoor bouldering walls.
It covers the safe use of equipment, how to belay, climbing lingo and grading, and introduces climbing movement and techniques.
WHO’S IT FOR?
Complete beginners (16yrs+) new to indoor climbing and bouldering, ‘boulderers’ who want to learn how to tackle the higher climbing walls, or those coming back to the sport and would like a more comprehensive refresher.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to warm up for climbing
- How to put on a harness, tie the correct knots and belay.
- Pre-climb safety checks
- How to use bouldering walls safely*
- Intro to climbing movement and technique
- Different types of equipment on the market and how to use them.
At the end of this course you should feel suitably experienced to climb unsupervised on indoor bouldering walls and climbing walls, know how to use the equipment safely and will have used different types of equipment too.
WHY CHOOSE HIGHBALL?
Our intro to climbing course is the most comprehensive climbing course in Norfolk. No other climbing wall or climbing centre comes close to the product we offer, in terms of our climbing walls and the equipment we provide.
You will have more than just the bare minimum equipment and you will not learn to climb wearing trainers! Not only does our intro to climbing course include climbing shoes and all the other equipment you need, it also includes lots of other equipment which is out there on the market:
- You won’t just use one type of harness; you will use different types of harnesses and learn about their features.
- You will also use lots of different types of carabiner and belay devices (the hardware) and learn the different features and how to use them safely.
When you’ve finished your course, not only will you know how to climb safely, you will have an understanding of what equipment is out there on the market, how to use it, and have an idea of what suits you and what climbing equipment you want to buy.
WHAT DO I GET?
As you’d expect from East Anglia’s premier climbing centre, the price covers everything you need. We want to give you the knowledge and the full climbing experience so, you’ll have modern equipment, including climbing shoes (trainers aren’t so good for climbing), and we’ve lots of different kit for you to try too.
- 6-8 hours of group coaching.
- All Equipment inc. Climbing Shoes, Harness, Chalk Bag, Ropes
- Centre Registration
- At the end of the course you will receive a voucher for 4 £5 climbs saving you up to £28.
- All equipment is provided
HOW MUCH IS IT & HOW LONG?
£75 per person or 2 People for £120
4 x 2hr sessions (evenings) or 2 x 3hr sessions (weekend intensive)* Please note: This course requires a minimum of 3 people to run.